Saturday, October 28, 2017

Utah Mighty 5 From Salt Lake City

Our five spectacular national parks have come to be known as the Utah Mighty 5 - or the Mighty 5 Utah - and can be combined into one amazing Utah national parks tour.

I'm now planning my fall adventures and debating, do I hit all five parks in one trip? The alternative is to divide and conquer and do Zion, Bryce and Capital Reef in one outing and then do Arches, Canyonlands my next time out.

Both options have advantages. I like to get into the backcountry and that takes a little time. If you hit all parks in one trip you can see the most popular attractions but you are always pressed for time. But, looking at my schedule, is it really feasible for me to schedule two separate trips this fall?

If I do split the trip, east side and west side, I'd probably include Monument Valley with the Moab parks - it is not that much farther and very much worth the extra drive.

Decisions, decisions. I know I want to do a Utah national parks tour. I know I want to visit and explore the Utah Mighty 5. If I throw in Monument Valley it almost becomes a Grand Circle Tour. That's not bad, if I can find the time.

Regardless, I'm ready to hit the road. Oh, I still have to decide if I do the Mighty 5 as a self-drive tour, or do I go with my friends from Southwest Adventure Tours and let them guide and drive.

No comments: