Monday, October 13, 2008

Last Trip With Summer-Like Conditions

Taylor Canyon WaterfallWith the weatherman forecasting beautiful conditions later this week and this weekend, I'm scrambling to plan trips to take advantage of what could be the last summer-like weekend.

Southern Utah temperatures will be pushing into the mid-80s. We will yet have many nice weekends for fishing, hiking, biking and exploring, but this may be the last weekend with temperatures warm enough to enjoy playing in the water at Lake Powell and the Zion Park slot canyons.

What to do... What to do...

I think I'll fish Scofield on Wednesday afternoon. Sneak out of work a little early and take advantage of the sunshine. Reports say fishing there has been very good.

For the weekend, I'm debating between Zion and Powell. Can't go wrong with either of those places.

My boss at utah.com has been talking about sending me to remote parts of the state to do a "Where's Dave" column for our monthly newsletter. I'll see if he really wants to get that going. If he does, I'll try to make this weekend's trip include a destination he wants me to cover.

Last week he had me taking photos around Ogden City, and in the adjoining canyons. The waterfall photo above came from that trip. Here are more.

No comments: