Saturday, September 22, 2007

Red Rock International Adventures

Some of my kids have an interest in this website and have decided to help me develop it. That's great because I haven't had time.

Interesting side note: this is happening as they go international. Our focus will be on the greater Utah area (Yellowstone to Grand Canyon), but now and then we'll sneak in an article about other areas. Here's the rundown:

Aaron, just back from Iraq, is living in North Carolina right now but intends to move to Utah later this year. He is an excellent writer and talented artist, so he will be a great help. He has already contributed a blog entry about extreme adventure in Al Anbar Province, and he's posted some of his photos.

Lil has decided she likes cruises; she and husband go somewhere every few months. Maybe I can talk her into sharing photos and writing up a report or two.

Dan has been scanning and posting photos for me, like the one above. I have a file cabinet full of slides, but I haven't had time to do anything with them. With Dan's help we're putting the best into our photo gallery. Dan will be trekking up a waterfall in Jamacia in November. His fiancée thinks they will be there on honeymoon. Dan should bring back interesting photos and a report.

Xanthe has been my model and fishing buddy - photos of her are all over this website. She is now going to college in Idaho. I don't know why she chose Idaho - I hear it gets mighty cold up there. But she is just outside Yellowstone and so we can expect reports from that area. She also helps with internet research and writing.

We've got great plans. Stay tuned because this website will soon be rockin'.

No comments: