Thursday, August 02, 2007

Google Maps Show Locations of Waterfalls

I've been way too busy lately, but have still found time to make a few website improvements. I've been implementing Google Maps on the site, and using them to provide an alternate navigation method.

I never actually finish anything, but my waterfalls section shows the concept. Note that when you click on one of the markers it opens a small window with a title, link and thumbnail. That gives you some info to use as you judge whether you want to click further to an inside page.

I plan to use this kind of scheme throughout the website, if I can find time to develop it. Fishing sections, in particular, will be enhanced when people can see where waters are, and see a photo of the waters, before clicking.

I'm interested in comments - what do you think about this approach.

- Dave

No comments: