Sunday, January 07, 2007

Politics and Outdoor Recreation

I’ve been busy the past few days updating a political newsletter for my bother, a local political consultant.

LaVarr publishes a daily email newsletter full of info about Utah politics and public policy. He and his team took last week off and they talked me into updating the thing for them.

I manage his website and provide technical support for the newsletter. I help with updates occasionally and so I know the drill: up at 4 am looking through a couple dozen newspapers and other sources for information, so the newsletter arrives in email boxes by the time they get to work at 9 am. It makes for long days, but it is fun to get that immersed in the news.

As I did my daily search I found these interesting articles related to outdoor recreation:

- Zion National Park raises its entry fee 25%
- Cost to hunt, fish may change in July
- New fishing regulations begin at certain sites
- Wharton: My predictions: Las Vegas will drain us, but the fish will be biting
- Tight Lines: Now's a good time to brush up on fishing rules
- Snowshoe hike of the week: USA Bowl - Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Avalanche safety classes and information
- Avalanche facts

2007 big game hunt application period begins Jan 17. Get more information about applications at wildlife.utah.gov/hunting.

Incidentally, I finally finished my Monument Valley photo gallery.

Now that I’m done updating the UPD newsletter I should have time to post new info on this stie.
- Dave

No comments: